Community Living - Group Home Manager
Chandler/Gilbert Arc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support to adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities, is seeking a Group Home Manager to join our team. In this role, you will assist and teach life skills to individuals with developmental disabilities in community based homes. We are looking for a compassionate individual that will provide a safe environment which will include social and community support/activities. This position will be located in the Phoenix Metro east valley area.
The Community Living Manager oversees community based homes in the east valley for adults with developmental disabilities. We are looking for leaders who are dedicated to helping consumers and employees to achieve their fullest potential. The successful candidate will be responsible for interacting with and providing a safe environment, supervise housing staff, and ensure cooperative working relationship exists among the consumers and staff.
- Work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Coordinates, supervises, and participates in site activities
- Communicates and interacts with Individuals on an individual and group basis
- Promotes individual choice, freedom, responsibility, and support for Individuals
- Ensures safe environment is maintained by developing and communicating procedures with Individuals, family members, support coordinators, visitors, staff, and management
- Coordinates/provides transportation of Individuals to vocational, residential, and social activities and related errands as needed
- Facilitates staff and administrative meetings as well as in-service training
- Participates in developing and implementing individualized support plans (ISP) or person-centered plans (PCP) for Individuals
- Other related duties and assignments as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have minimum six months experience in human services/behavioral health field
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must have a current AZ driver’s license and clean Motor Vehicle Report
- Agency paid training
- Paid Time Off / Paid Sick Time after 3 months of employment
- Medical and dental insurance available after 2 months of employment
- Dependent Care FSA
- After 1 year - agency paid life insurance
As a Community Living Group Home Manager, you should have a minimum of two years experience in human services/behavioral health field. You must have a minimum of 3 years driving experience and maintain an AZ driver's license with a clean Motor Vehicle Record. We are looking for a compassionate person who enjoys working with disabled individuals. You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience in a residential setting with other types of special needs population may be considered.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful reference verification and completion of required training. All employees must maintain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. Chandler/Gilbert Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer..