Direct Support Professional - Full Time, Monday-Friday (Requires Driving)
Chandler/Gilbert Arc (CGArc) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing support for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities. At CGArc, we believe that all persons should be provided the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential and are seeking Direct Support Professionals to help us achieve that belief!
Positions are currently available in the Day Program.
Monday - Friday, scheduled hours between 7:00am-4:30pm
If you are a compassionate individual looking to enrich others’ lives, you are encouraged to apply for this position and become part of our team!
Responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional are:
- Developing a rapport and cultivating supportive environments and relationships with the individuals supported.
- Assisting individuals with personal care tasks; such as eating, bathing, toileting, and other daily living activities.
- Assisting individuals with performing household tasks; such as cleaning, cooking, and/or laundering.
- Promoting community inclusion and integration so the individuals supported are active members of their home and community environments.
- Escorting or transporting individuals to vocational or day programs, social activities, and performing household errands. When applicable, encouraging the use of public transportation.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISP) for the individuals supported and ensuring directives are followed according to state standards.
- Completing all necessary documentation for the provision of services, complying with state and federal standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, drivers must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must have a clean 39 month MVD report to be considered driver.
- Ability to obtain a Finger Print Clearance Card and pass an extensive criminal background check.
- Ability to obtain certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills preferred.
- Experience working for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
- Agency-paid training.
- Medical, dental available after 2 months of employment
- Paid Time Off / Paid Sick Time after 3 months of employment
- Dependent Care FSA
- After 1 year, agency-paid life insurance
- $11.00 per hour
As a Direct Support Professional, you do not need experience caring for or supporting individuals with disabilities. We are looking for a compassionate person that enjoys working with disabled individuals. You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience in a residential setting with other types of special needs population may be considered. Training will be provided. Employment offers are contingent upon successful reference verification and completion of required training. All employees must maintain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. Chandler/Gilbert Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.