Direct Support Professional - Full Time / Part Time
Chandler/Gilbert Arc (CGArc) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing support for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities. At CGArc, we believe that all persons should be provided the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential and are seeking a Direct Support Professional to help us achieve that belief! Direct Support Professionals with CGArc provide support for individuals in community-based homes and are responsible for teaching them life-skills. If you are a compassionate individual looking to enrich others’ lives, you are encouraged to apply for this position and become part of our team!
Responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional are:
- Developing a rapport and cultivating supportive environments and relationships with the individuals supported.
- Assisting individuals with personal care tasks; such as eating, bathing, toileting, and other daily living activities.
- Assisting individuals with performing household tasks; such as cleaning, cooking, and/or laundering.
- Promoting community inclusion and integration so the individuals supported are active members of their home and community environments.
- Escorting or transporting individuals to vocational or day programs, social activities, and performing household errands. When applicable, encouraging the use of public transportation.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISP) for the individuals supported and ensuring directives are followed according to state standards.
- Completing all necessary documentation for the provision of services, complying with state and federal standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Eligible drivers must have a clean 39 month MVD report.
- Ability to obtain a Finger Print Clearance Card and pass an extensive criminal background check.
- Ability to obtain certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills preferred.
- Experience working for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
- Agency-paid training.
- Medical, dental available after 2 months of employment.
- PTO/Sick after 3 months
- After 1 year, agency-paid life insurance/403b.
- $10.50 per hour for eligible drivers (21 years of age or older).
As a Direct Support Professional, you do not need experience caring for or supporting individuals with disabilities. We are looking for a compassionate person that enjoys working with disabled individuals. You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience in a residential setting with other types of special needs population may be considered. Training will be provided.
Pay: from $10.50/hour
Overnight Differential Available
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time