Director of Community Living
Chandler Gilbert Arc (CGArc) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing support to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. CGArc is seeking to hire a Director of Community Living to oversee the agency’s residential and community based support services. This position will provide leadership to the Community Living Program staff and ensure the safety and quality of support provided to the individuals served. In this position you would:
- Organize resources in ways that are life enhancing and meaningful for individuals.
- Oversee placement for residential, and support eligible individuals by taking a leadership role in advocating individual choice, facilitating person-centered planning and changing roles of professionals providing support
- Supervise staffing, training and program development of Community Living management team and direct care staff.
- Maintain positive relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Monitor, assist or provide in-service training, staff development, and consultation to staff members regarding social, behavioral, recreation, personal living, personal choice, and community support issues.
- Provide direct support in crisis or other extremely difficult/emergency situations
- Interpret state rules and regulations and ensure compliance with standards and licensing requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, social or behavioral sciences or a closely related area and one year of related experience; OR five (5) years of professional experience directing, planning and implementing residential and/or community programs for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities including two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Must effectively communicate in English both in writing and verbally.
- Must have a current Arizona Driver’s License with an insurable driving record.
- Must complete a successful background check and be able to obtain an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be proficient with MS Office or other related programs.