Group Home Assistant Manager (Must Meet Driver Requirements)
Chandler/Gilbert Arc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support to adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities, is seeking a Group Home Lead to join our team. In this role, you will assist and teach life skills to individuals with developmental disabilities in community based homes. We are looking for a compassionate individual that will provide a safe environment which will include social and community support/activities. This position will be located in the Phoenix Metro east valley area.
The Community Living Group Home Assistant Manager performs a variety of work by providing support based on individual support plans and providing direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities, and providing assistance to the Group Home Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for interacting with and providing a safe environment, including social and community support/activities, to the Individuals(s) being supported.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain records, chart progress notes, record daily activities in communication logs, maintain records as needed and may also be required to write reports
- Provide a safe environment by communicating procedures with Individual, advocates, and visitors
- Provide direct support and guidance in crisis or emergency situations
- Act as an advocate in ensuring personal choice, freedoms, responsibility, and support for individuals and aids in resolving problems as well as secures needed support for individuals
- Observe individual's behavior and report observations, which may include use of physical management procedures
- Assist individuals with eating, showering, bathing, toileting, dressing, shaving, combing hair, shampooing, brushing teeth, and other daily living activities
- Encourage individual(s) to participate in counseling, social, recreational, vocational, and other activities identified in their support plans while promoting individual choice and decision making opportunities
- Escort and transport individuals to vocational, residential social activities and related errands as identified; encourage use of public transportation systems when applicable
- Take part in developing and implementing individualized support plans (ISP) or person-centered plans (PCP) for assigned individuals and ensure directives are followed pursuant to state standards
- Assisting individuals with performing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, cooking, laundering, making beds, yard work, sweeping/mopping, and other household chores or tasks required to support the Individual
- Other related duties and assignments as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have minimum six months experience in human services/behavioral health field
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must have a current AZ driver’s license
- Must have 39 months driving experience and a clean motor vehicle report
- Agency-paid training.
- Medical, dental available after 2 months of employment.
- PTO/Sick after 3 months
- After 1 year, agency-paid life insurance
As a Community Living Group Home Assistant Manager, you should have a minimum of six months experience in human services/behavioral health field. You must also be able to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card and have a current AZ driver's license with a clean Motor Vehicle Record. We are looking for a compassionate person who enjoys working with disabled individuals. You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience in a residential setting with other types of special needs population may be considered.